Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I just read through all of the pages of your journal. And I must say, I love your bunnies. Thumper is absolutely gorgeous. :love
I'm sorry that you've had so much bad luck with the rabbit litters. :( I would try to offer advice, but I've never bred rabbits. Planning to try getting some breeding does and bucks in the spring, though, for meat. Just need to do a LOT of research so I'm as ready for that as I was for the first time my goat went into labor.
I do have two pet rabbits named Bugs and Lola. :) I adore them. Bugs loves to cuddle up against you and went through a phase last year where he would lick my boyfriend's neck. It was strange. He had salt licks, so I don't what his deal was. Haha.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your adventure!

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Calendula thank you!! My Thumper knows he's pretty :)
And you should post some pics of your buns!!

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
O wow, me being scared of rabbits just got an edge greater..Bit ur neck:hide...Ugh made me glade so far I haven't had to pick mine up..Everyone else does it for me.

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@TAH
It worked!! I held Mocha for about 20 minutes earlier after I did what you suggested!! It took her longer than I thought it would, but it was the longest I've ever held her. And I have no bite marks to show!! I feel like it might take another time, but maybe not. I'm amazed and soooo thankful for your help!!
@mygoldendoe
They're not really evil beasts.lol. I'm sure there's a reason she acts like this when you pick her up. I'm pretty sure that the only time she was held was when she was stuck in a cage then again when she was put in to another cage before I bought her. I know she's got to feel frightened, so she gets let go the only way she knows works. She bit. And I put her down. She knows what works and she goes for it. The good news is that most buns don't bite. She never even brought blood, but I do have a bruise where she got my leg. Even grouchy bunnies can be calmed down if you find out how to do so, and that is when you get on here and find out how!!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad it worked @Kaye!!

Hope she continues to stay nice!

:weee:clap:clap!

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I just realized that my last post say 'leg' when I should have said 'arm'. lol. I'm sorry for that
And I have new pics of the babies!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0980.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0981.JPG
    IMG_0981.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0982.JPG
    IMG_0982.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 58

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hmm saw some lionheads angoras and rex for sale for 10$ about 2rs away in warrior AL...I asked to see her photos and the cages are mostly wood floor with minimal wire that's either too big or small for rabbits size (she has dwarfs-giants)..It's. Littered with poop and in kinda wondering if it's worth it..id really like lionheads or angora since I spin & just want two too see if I am up for the upkeep before investing. And 10$ (with a promise of reconfigure price if we but more than three) is kind of pulling at me...That's a good deal for just seeing if I can keep up with their care, then just eat or resell if I don't like...I dunno....What would u consider doing? Do u think that sounds too good? The bunnies look pretty healthy consider having poop n cages (she has over 24 so I assume it gets overloaded) she has a fb page for them I can send in a conversation to u... I just haven't bought from a large breeder & duuno what I should be considering..

Last edited:

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
More baby pictures. Just what I needed. :love
Haha, I'll have to see about getting some pictures of them! Bugs always greets us at the door, so it shouldn't be too hard to get one of him.

I don't know what to look for in a big breeder. Is she getting out of breeding? Ten dollars for those seems a little... Cheap. I could possibly tell better if you'd be willing to share the Facebook page or the pictures.
I've also never bunny shopped, although we're trying now. No one sells standard Rex rabbits. One person that we found that did said he stopped and switched to Mini Rex. That's all that anyone breeds around here. :th

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well she said she's selling them cheap bc she's getting out of breeding and wants them all gone. She was breeding pets not a standard for pedigree, so was selling at pet price.