Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok, that makes more sense. Plus even "pet" rabbits easily go for around forty dollars here. :hide I wish I could find ten dollar rabbits.

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@mygoldendoe
If you have a place for them to be quarantined then I would go for it!! That's CHEAP. as long as you don't mix them in with your buns for a few weeks, then you should have no problem.
Angora rabbits are a lot of work. I have had only one in my life, but he was ALWAYS needing to be brushed.
I'm thinking you are raising for meat?? If so, if it turns out to be a horrible idea (I don't think it will) you could send them to freezer camp....

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Southern Michigan. Granted, the rabbits we are looking at are registered and for show, but still... We've seen rabbits for sale at one store for $20 while at another feedstore, I saw poorly bred rabbits for $40. I'm talking about Lionheads and New Zealands that were the same size and all looked alike. :eek: If I'm going to pay that kind of money, I will be going through a breeder.

mygoldendoe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@mygoldendoe
If you have a place for them to be quarantined then I would go for it!! That's CHEAP. as long as you don't mix them in with your buns for a few weeks, then you should have no problem.
Angora rabbits are a lot of work. I have had only one in my life, but he was ALWAYS needing to be brushed.
I'm thinking you are raising for meat?? If so, if it turns out to be a horrible idea (I don't think it will) you could send them to freezer camp....
yeah i breed for meat but since I spin Ive started thinking it's be nice to have one to see how it goes..It'd save me from driving 2hrs to get fiber since my friend doesn't give me wool from her sheep anymore..Yeah I'm gonna ask about their health history and go from there..

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I second asking for health and keeping them quarantined. :) I hope it all goes well and I can't wait to (possibly) see pictures!
Angoras are on my dream list of animals. I went to a store that had gorgeous yarn, some of which was angora. It was so wonderful. :love I will be really excited to see that one.

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@mygoldendoe
Just remember that she is trying to get out of the business so there's a chance she could lie about the health history. It happens. I pray it goes smoothly for you. I would like to see pictures of your work!!

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mocha Loppé
Love the ears

Attachments

• IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: TAH

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Got bedding on the way. To be here tomorrow. Yayy!!

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I love Mocha. :love I want American Fuzzy Lops... one day.

Latest posts