Meet Pearl, New Horse

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was my first ride! Pearl is awesome. She is spirited and wants to go. And yes, she will”hit a lick”. She glides in that famous Tennessee Walker gait. She has a good stop, VERY responsive to neck reining. I only rode her up and down the driveway, we’ll go down the pipeline on our next ride, then out the front gate. We are so proud of her. I am thrilled with her.

My husband took some great pictures. Do I look happy or what?

I love this picture. Mt husband captured the wind in my face, hair blowing, Pearl's mane lifted, and a big grin on my face.

68c61e97-f230-4e9b-9bbb-71aa768308a4-jpeg.30338

WOOHOOO!!! :celebrate :weee :celebrate

That is so awesome!!! I totally agree! My favorite photo is the one of you riding Pearl down the driveway! You both look like you are having so much fun!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad that she is well trained already, and that she gaits really well. You never know when it is a rescue. I think you will have a great time riding her.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad that she is well trained already, and that she gaits really well. You never know when it is a rescue. I think you will have a great time riding her.
It may sound silly, but those pictures of her at the slaughter lot (on page one of this thread) just spoke to me. I knew it was buying a pig in a poke, but I am a risk taker. My husband goes along with my crazy train, isn't he wonderful?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
It may sound silly, but those pictures of her at the slaughter lot (on page one of this thread) just spoke to me. I knew it was buying a pig in a poke, but I am a risk taker. My husband goes along with my crazy train, isn't he wonderful?

Yes, it is wonderful to have a mate that is supportive, even if they may not always "get it".
I love the pictures. Especially the wind in the hair pic. Such happiness.