New Member <3 Question on Keeping Bunnies outside :)

KariBunny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
20160906_183242.jpg
20160824_165415.jpg
20160824_165435.jpg
Hi Everyone, i have 3 bunnies outside in Hutch. What can i use for beding on the run?
Thank you and God Bless :)

Last edited:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH! We have some very knowledgable bunny/rabbit people here. I would suggest straw, its what we use for our livestock.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings @KariBunny Welcome to BYH! There's lots of info and experiences shared in the various rabbit threads If you have a chance to browse around there :caf you might find some great tidbits for use. :) We also have quite a few active Rabbiteers on here who are great about helping folks who need it. So if/when you have a problem or question, by all means post away! Oh, and so you're forewarned, we're a bunch of pic addicts here so if you have some of your bunnies that you'd be willing to share, I assure you most of us won't drool all over them :drool while ooooohhhing and aaaahhhhing ;) Glad you joined us and make yourself at home!

Edit: the pics hadn't displayed when I originally posted. OK so now I'm drooling :drool Very pretty bunnies!

KariBunny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Greetings @KariBunny Welcome to BYH! There's lots of info and experiences shared in the various rabbit threads If you have a chance to browse around there :caf you might find some great tidbits for use. :) We also have quite a few active Rabbiteers on here who are great about helping folks who need it. So if/when you have a problem or question, by all means post away! Oh, and so you're forewarned, we're a bunch of pic addicts here so if you have some of your bunnies that you'd be willing to share, I assure you most of us won't drool all over them :drool while ooooohhhing and aaaahhhhing ;) Glad you joined us and make yourself at home!

Thank you so much for the reply!!
I just posted on this thread pictures of the hutches and bunnies :)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but perhaps you could serve dual purposes by using hay for the run? That way you'll have some (better than straw) absorbency and at the same time they'll nibble/eat it? I don't know, just a thought...

KariBunny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Just curious, but perhaps you could serve dual purposes by using hay for the run? That way you'll have some (better than straw) absorbency and at the same time they'll nibble/eat it? I don't know, just a thought...

I did put some grass that was cut, they ate it, but since it's the first time I place them outside. I don't know what to put for beding on the run. Or I just let them be on the dirt?

KariBunny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score

Edit: the pics hadn't displayed when I originally posted. OK so now I'm drooling :drool Very pretty bunnies!

Aww thank you, the Holland lop is Luna, the mini Rex is Bonita and the other bunny she is a mix of something don't know haha it was a gift her name is Yuki:)

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
That probably wouldnt work. The rabbits would soil the hay and then eat significant amounts of it. Probably wouldnt be the most sanitary, however I will let some rabiteers(good name btw) add their input.

KariBunny

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That probably wouldnt work. The rabbits would soil the hay and then eat significant amounts of it. Probably wouldnt be the most sanitary, however I will let some rabiteers(good name btw) add their input.

Yes!! All answers help :)

Latest posts