MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They are all beautiful. Why is summer so outcast? She is cute. My doe's are finally done eaning their March doelings. The herd queens doeling was more stand-offish but is now getting better since I started leading her. She is getting so fat. She is two weeks older than the other doeling and is already beginning her heat cycles. She is only 2 inches shorter than her mama, so I will breed her soon.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
@MiniSilkys Summer was bought so she wasn’t handled as much. Mine don’t act like dam raised kids and are almost pests. Leah was bought with Summer but Leah was a bottle baby so she was easily a pet.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Took a few more pics tonight and weighed the youngest babies. Both weighed 8.5#!!

I’m not sure if the goats are discriminating or if Ariel is the queen but it’s not the first time they’ve eaten this way!

EE6AF419-DA22-4CB6-8DDF-FF65ECAF3190.jpeg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Mine have set bucket groupings as well. I have to gauge how much I put in each feed bucket based on who will be eating from it.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
So particular it is laughable. When we had our dairy herd, we had to milk in a set order starting with sparkle, the herd queen. One day another doe got out and into the stanchion first. Since she was there and ready, she was milked first. For a week Sparkle sulked and spurned any advances we made to her. Her Royalness was offended and made sure we knew it. Being high hatted by a goat is a humbling thing!

Latest posts