Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love this!
I also love when people share because there are so many bad stories that I think people really get the worst impression of these dogs.
On a forum there was a person that asked about the Anatolian and all these people said they are horrible and you shouldn't get a Toli and on and on. LOL
They got set straight! :lol:
GW contacted the person... guess what they did get a Toli once they tossed all the BS out it was obvious.
Another reason I will never do any LGD forums or FB groups. I would go out of my mind!

Their instinct is always comforting to me.
Today Charlotte was being walked back after being milked. Down in the gully (outside of the fence) were a bunch of buzzards eating something that got dead. Charlotte got all nervous and started stopping her hoof and snorting. Pete came to her side, and let out the growl to those offending birds... Charlotte calmed down as soon as Pete was beside her.

LOVE these dogs!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Queenie is sure a pretty girl. I have to post a picture on your journal just to show what wonderful mothers the tolis are. My pups are almost ready to start leaving; that is the hard part for sure. :hit

This guy is pretty shy, he is a mama's boy and will probably go to a pet home or a least a place where there is a mature LGD already. He loves his mama.

2018-05-07 17.30.56.jpg

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Queenie is sure a pretty girl. I have to post a picture on your journal just to show what wonderful mothers the tolis are. My pups are almost ready to start leaving; that is the hard part for sure. :hit

This guy is pretty shy, he is a mama's boy and will probably go to a pet home or a least a place where there is a mature LGD already. He loves his mama.

View attachment 48022

Awww! Will you be retaining any?? I wish one was headed here!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not planning on keeping any and since you want to breed Queenie this would not have been a good litter for you. Four of the seven ended up with entropion and had to have eye surgery to correct it. It is hereditary so I won't be breeding Francis and Alondra again, at least not to each other.

Francis had corrective surgery when he was three years old but we always thought that it was acquired entropion and not hereditary but perhaps we were wrong. It never manifested itself when he and Sigueme had pups but it sure did this time. The vet says that perhaps Alondra carries the gene as well, but it isn't common in ASD. Makes me sad as I love raising puppies and it looks like this may be the end of the road.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh wow! You are right. That wouldn’t have been a good fit for us. I haven’t found the right one yet...

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
We weighed Queenie on Friday night. She wasn’t quite sure what to think of the pig scale we used. (Sorry. No pic as I was focused on calming her.) She’s almost 11 mos old and weighed I think 86#.

I talked to someone that has a littermate brother that was one of the bigger in the litter. He weighs 130#. I’m not sure how well suited to that weight he is as I haven’t seen him since I picked her but it definitely makes me wonder why the gap.

Queenie could stand to be wormed and its on my list for the week but she’s not skin and bones and she has free access to an adult dog food so she doesn’t get too much protein too fast.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Better send her to the gym to build some muscle... :hide:gigI can't force food into Mel... He eats when he feels like it and in whatever amount he desires. He's holding steady at ~135.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You have a beautiful dog. I try not to worry too much about weight. Like @Latestarter 's dog, mine eats when it wants to. Can't force her. She's a GP and is supposed to weigh somewhere around 85lbs for a light weight. Mine can't break 55lbs. I hate it. I hate feeling her. But she's happy, healthy, no worms, plays all day and can't stop for anything. I finally gave up trying to make her gain weight. I figure she's just a feather weight. Your's may be in the same category. :hu

Latest posts