newton's the goats journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You didn't come to Wales, Baymule??????? You didn't come to the land of song, sheep, bone-penetrating damp cold, and truly unpronounceable place names? (Local village Pwllgloyw .....don't be fooled, w is a vowel in Welsh as is y, so pronounced Poothgloyoo....but that's one of the easy ones.Most delightfully descriptive, Pwllgloyw meaning shining pool/lake or pit ).

And to think you are 'missing' weather like this

View attachment 57614

Glad to hear about the little one.

Milking ewes is not too difficult, but it is tough on the back!
No, I didn't go with them. Us kids were all grown up and they weren't encumbered by children. They had a great time, even staying with a family in Scotland. Mom rented a car in London and drove throughout their trip. They had a blast and I was glad they got to take the trip.

I am not one bit bothered by missing out on your lovely weather. LOL Maybe you should come to Texas! Our winter is probably your spring/summer. Mom and Dad said there was a "heat wave" of like 80*F while they were there, it felt good to them!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our winter is probably your spring/summer.
No, that only works in regards to southern vs northern hemispheres. Being in Wales would be about the same as being in Mid Quebec Province Canada, with maybe even worse winter than the Northern USA (but at the same time of year)

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ah....just to clarify..... Summer in Wales....25th July. Winter..... 26th July through to 24th July the following year.:D:D (or so it seems).

I am not one bit bothered by missing out on your lovely weather.
Our weather is a national preoccupation and is generally very damp. We don't usually see extremes of temperature. Summer (in theory) June, July, August.....winter December, January, February. Typical summer has temperatures of low 70's (actually OK), but with rain.....sometimes lots of. Texas weather sounds much preferable!

Newton, as Bruce suggests, the Atlantic is a 'bit' wide for a blow-up boat......maybe you could attach a tow line to one of those big ships....

Now, steering back to theme of this thread......how are your beasties (and how is your weather???)

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Brand new twin rams to jennys youngest daughter this morning
20190201_170836.jpg

Both are absolutely tiny! Only weighing in around 4 lbs each
And finally since BYH is allowing me to post brief photos here is sarge before i returned him to his mom once he was revived!!
20190129_143536.jpg

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ah....just to clarify..... Summer in Wales....25th July. Winter..... 26th July through to 24th July the following year.:D:D (or so it seems).

Our weather is a national preoccupation and is generally very damp. We don't usually see extremes of temperature. Summer (in theory) June, July, August.....winter December, January, February. Typical summer has temperatures of low 70's (actually OK), but with rain.....sometimes lots of. Texas weather sounds much preferable!

Newton, as Bruce suggests, the Atlantic is a 'bit' wide for a blow-up boat......maybe you could attach a tow line to one of those big ships....

Now, steering back to theme of this thread......how are your beasties (and how is your weather???)
I will totally attach a tow line to a big boat lol. Its true the atlantic may be a bit big to row across lmfao. And my beasties are fine atm currently josie is going into labour so we shoukd have hopefully new lambs later on in the nihht or early in the morning!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
@newton the goat You are welcome here! We will definitely come up with some neat things for you to do while here. I could probably even arrange for you to job shadow at the local vet’s office or with an ag teacher on the days that I work during your stay. As long as you help out, you can stay as long as you like! We are in Southern Indiana.

I’m also about 4 hrs North of @Mike CHS and about 2 hrs south of @Pastor Dave if you wanted to have somewhere to try to stop in along the way. @mystang89 is about 30 mins from me and could definitely be invited over for a meet-up while you are here!

@babsbag has often said she needs help at her dairy. Maybe y’all could work out some kind of deal for room and board for the months that she milks...