Peteyfoozer’s Journey (because journaling’s not enough)

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woot! Woot! After years of begging, TheMan finally pulled the front door off of the big stall/tackroom and used the tractor to clean all the manure out of Mister's stall and paddock. (He didn't clean once, after I became non-ambulatory) It's clean now! No more misery from flies and thrush for my poor old poneh.
IMG_3975.jpg

I'm sure these guys are all jealous
IMG_1674.jpg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can tell Mister really likes his new situation. I’m waiting for one of the cowboys to trim his feet so I can ride again, but his wife just had a baby so I don’t know when he will get to it. He has a mare in the next paddock he’s expecting to foal but I don’t think she’s even close. No bag, no wax, no loose ligaments and only shows on right side. I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if she foals this month. I think he confused her due date with his wife’s 😂

The bunnies are getting used to me. They are much friendlier than the last bunch. I am actually enjoying them.

IMG_3934.jpeg

Last edited:

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had to have MRI on lower back yesterday which meant the entire day in town since its 4 hr one way to get there. To start the day off I fell on the concrete floor and bruised my tailbone and sprained my wrist. Fen, at only seven months old, doesn’t get a chance to burn off his excess energy on the days we drive in so he behaves horribly at the farm store by pulling on his collar instead of heeling like he should. Training opportunities in town or in frequent so he’s usually unprepared for public access work, but we have to do it anyway yesterday he chose to go deaf on me and pull on his leash to the farm store and chill. I was in tears and ready to give up on him completely, I was so desperate I bought him a pinch collar. Holy cow! He became a completely different dog. He only pulled on me twice more, then heeled beautifully for the rest of the day, paying attention, checking in with me every couple of minutes and getting paid nearly all of my treats for giving eye contact. It got hot so even though I didn’t feel we were ready he had to go with us in every store, including where we went to eat dinner. He was a perfect gentleman. He stayed under the table. He never barked. He never complained he didn’t break he did a really good job.
Now this morning, I’m hurtin everywhere. he took pity on me and instead of selling me all my stuff back, he’s been wood chipping in the house. Soon I will have to get up regardless of the pain and take care of the strawberries we bought, the radishes out of the garden, cut up the pork loin we purchased and refreeze it, get all the lettuce in the jars and vacuum seal them, feed the rabbits and check on the garden,where to my amazement, Randy said has seedlings have finally germinated. I assumed after this length of time the seeds just were not viable but I stuck copper coils in the planter boxes anyway and dang if the next day something broke through the soul! Coincidence?
I was hoping Fen would be as tired as I am today because he was exhausted yesterday. service work is actually very tiring for a dog …but no such luck

IMG_3991.jpeg

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had to have MRI on lower back yesterday which meant the entire day in town since its 4 hr one way to get there. To start the day off I fell on the concrete floor and bruised my tailbone and sprained my wrist. Fen, at only seven months old, doesn’t get a chance to burn off his excess energy on the days we drive in so he behaves horribly at the farm store by pulling on his collar instead of heeling like he should. Training opportunities in town or in frequent so he’s usually unprepared for public access work, but we have to do it anyway yesterday he chose to go deaf on me and pull on his leash to the farm store and chill. I was in tears and ready to give up on him completely, I was so desperate I bought him a pinch collar. Holy cow! He became a completely different dog. He only pulled on me twice more, then he’ll beautifully for the rest of the day paying attention checking in with me every couple of minutes and getting paid nearly all of my treats for giving eye contact. It got hot so even though I didn’t feel we were ready he had to go with us and every store, including where we went to eat dinner. He was a perfect gentleman. He stayed under the table. He never barked. He never complained he didn’t break he did a really good job.
Now this morning, I’m hurtin everywhere. he took pity on me and instead of selling me all my stuff back, he’s been wood chipping in the house. Soon I will have to get up regardless of the pain and take care of the strawberries we bought, the radishes out of the garden, cut up the pork loin we purchased and refreeze it, get all the lettuce in the jars and vacuum seal them, feed the rabbits and check on the garden,where to my amazement, Randy said has seedlings have finally germinated. I assumed after this length of time the seeds just were not viable but I stuck copper coils in the planter boxes anyway and dang if the next day something broke through the soul! Coincidence?
I was hoping Fen would be as tired as I am today because he was exhausted yesterday. service work is actually very tiring for a dog …but no such luck

View attachment 99333
Might've been a tough day, but all in all it worked out. With the dogs it's usually a decent correction gets the point across rather than tons of not so effective ones. SO glad Fen ended up being the perfect pup.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fen is a handful, but that collar sure calmed him down. Selling you all your stuff back….. ya’ gotta keep him around if for nothing else, a lot of laughs.

Sorry about the fall, concrete floors and tailbone hurts! Throw in a sprained wrist and girl, you really know how to do a number on your self. You got to be sore from that, never mind the whole day.