Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I watched that and for once, didn't get the start-stop. That is a great video!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheep and dogs enjoy a sunny day....rare lately. I let the sheep out of paddock and into the yard to grab some of the grass. Frosty morning and the sun rises...
100_2628.JPG

100_2632 (1).JPG

Pinky Pie enjoys a pig ear...

100_2633.JPG

100_2634.JPG

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Merry Christmas all! It is cool and raining today, could turn into sleet and freezing rain later. Maybe snow tomorrow which I am ok with since I don't have to work again until the 28th so it has time to melt before then.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas all! It is cool and raining today, could turn into sleet and freezing rain later. Maybe snow tomorrow which I am ok with since I don't have to work again until the 28th so it has time to melt before then.

We got snow too!! And it's still coming down in a real pretty, snow globe kind of way.....I LOVE it! :weeeSo do the animals, it would seem. I feel so sorry for inside dogs that don't get to play out there for more than a little while, as my dogs have always loved snow days.

100_2487 (2).JPG
100_2506 (2).JPG

The vet wrap on Pinky's leg has really helped her keep up with her sheep...and she likes to stay with her sheep all she can.

100_2511 (1).JPG

I changed it out today and it was surprisingly dry under there. I put on a fresh wrap and used the old one to reinforce the joint area a little more. She seems to really like having that wrap on there...no more limping. Second day of her good puppy food and she seems to love it....I gave her a little room temp buttermilk over it to help her gut transition to the new food.

100_2507 (2).JPG

100_2501 (1).JPG

Dooley got to visit the paddock this morning for playing with dogs and stalking the sheep a little....just a little...but I wouldn't let him move them too much at all. Got him an insulated jacket for this cold snap as he has no other dogs or even a sheep to snuggle with at night.
100_2495 (2).JPG

100_2496 (2).JPG

100_2505 (1).JPG

Blue check to see if the chicken left a snack...and she didn't....so she had to move out of his fence. No lay, no stay, sister!

100_2510 (2).JPG

Right before she took wing and flew completely over the fencing. LOL She didn't like that cold nose goosing her egghola.

100_2509 (2).JPG

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty snow. We got nearly all rain... over 1 1/2 inches total. Changed over to snow about midnight.... snowed real hard but it didn't last too long.... so we had a decent "dusting" of white for Christmas. Stayed cold all day.... 26 this morning after 60 yesterday.... never even got up to freezing and down into the teens tonight....
Glad the pup seems to be doing better with the leg wrap and hope the food change works. Sometimes they just grow too fast for "all the parts to keep up" equally.... so I hope these little tweaks will solve the problems.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty snow. We got nearly all rain... over 1 1/2 inches total. Changed over to snow about midnight.... snowed real hard but it didn't last too long.... so we had a decent "dusting" of white for Christmas. Stayed cold all day.... 26 this morning after 60 yesterday.... never even got up to freezing and down into the teens tonight....
Glad the pup seems to be doing better with the leg wrap and hope the food change works. Sometimes they just grow too fast for "all the parts to keep up" equally.... so I hope these little tweaks will solve the problems.

Me too. She's a great dog thus far and seeing her with that leg knuckled over is just sad. The vet wrap is really supporting the joint, though, as she's much more mobile than she was without it. She loves the food and it even LOOKS good to eat, unlike most dog food.

Latest posts