Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so excited for you! I love the visits and connections we have made on these forums, meeting people that otherwise we would have never been able to meet and get to know. What a lovely thing to do for you Bee. What a fantastic opportunity and hearts full of love for you, to do such a wonderful thing for you. :love:love:love

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
New ram lamb from Farmfresh in MO...his name is Josiah, but will likely be called simply "Jo". He's a little dirty from his travels but he'll clean up when he gets out on pasture.

2_5d62aa56331207df4af20d9058b730c3_t.jpg

2_cdfeff7a998105d7b8af5a089bbaddb4_t.jpg

2_40ad7f98eb5710932d45b41813639ab1_t.jpg

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a handsome boy! He's going to make some pretty babies! I can't wait for lamb pictures. We expect a lot of pictures as Josiah grows up.

I'll give you more pics of Jo if you give us more of Ringo! ;) :D He's a great looking ram! Is he still friendly and easy to get along with?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ringo is a sweetheart. He loves attention, scratches, belly rubs and ear rubs. He put his head down and shook it at me about a week after we got him. I slapped his face and scolded him, never did that again. When he is "courting" a ewe, he is not aggressive towards me at all. I don't interfere or get in the way, but he does not try to run me away. I will get some more pictures of him. His first lambs are due October 15.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll be loving to see those lambs! I sure hope this ram turns out like Ringo...that would be so helpful here on this small homestead, with grandkids visiting and such. I don't have time for a dangerous or contentious animal, though I have no problem in training or trying to subvert such behavior...the thunder and lightning will land on him if he tries any butting of humans.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jo already looks quite a good size....As rams only really achieve their full size by about 2, he's likely to grow to be a big, big fella. If he's friendly at this stage, he'll stay that way if you treat him properly. My two rams are positively huge and ripple with muscle, but are friendly, predictable and safe to be around even when the girls are in the field and are in season (actually they tend to ignore us then as their thoughts are elsewhere).

The lambs should be lovely.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My granddaughters are the main reason I switched from Dorpers to Katahdins. Dorper rams are just too mean. Ringo is calm and gentle. Our youngest just turned 3 and she wants to fling her arms around him and hug him. That scares him. I have to work with her on approaching not just Ringo, but animals in general.