Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was thinking unless you really needed the gate to fill the entire circle why not half or have two halfs that you could open just so its lighter and easier to open for you.
I think it would be really pretty with two halves. I will have to draw it out but I bet I can get hubby to make something. Probably won't happen for a year or two though, as the gate can't go in until the wall is in, and wall can't go in until the garage is built and house extension is determined.

The front garden is going to be regular wire fencing until then. At least the fencing should be tall enough to keep the deer out.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh! And hubby said the neighbor called him this morning and let him know a BEAR was spotted on the neighbor's security cameras overnight. Guess that was what was making all the neighborhood dogs bark. Wonder if hubby needs to apply for a bear tag?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so excited for you to have your first baby soon!!! I want a 2nd one now that my boy is just over a year 😋
I either read somewhere or my mom told me that cramps and/or braxton hicks are your body’s way of exercising to prepare for the real deal. Somehow that made it easier on me when I had them...about a week or two off and on before he arrived ❤️

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a pretty miserable evening, but apparently they were all just Braxton Hicks contractions as they stopped/I was able to ignore them enough to sleep. Penny the cat was velcroed to my side all night, I think she's going to be great with the little one.

No cramps yet this morning so I'm feeling more optimistic that we'll make it to October. Next Dr appointment is Friday am, might call to see if I can get it changed to pm so I can help the new payroll gal in the morning and be done with work and on vacation/sick leave in the afternoon. Baby bump has definitely dropped lower. He is still wiggly.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rabbits are much happier with the cooler weather, I didn't even need the fan on yesterday or today. Quail have been stocked up with food and water, so caretaker will just need to turn their lights off and on. Rabbits will need feed and water checked daily.

Garden is doing ok but I need to harvest all the tomatoes and remove the plants. The tomatillos are almost ripe, they aren't splitting the husks but several are almost filling out the husks. The plants are loaded with little lantern shaped husks, so it'll be interesting trying to harvest the ripe ones.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pattern from last couple days seems to be cramping in the evening after work but nothing in the morning. He's still dropped lower but is still wiggly. He seems to wiggle more when I lay on my right side, I don't think he likes it as much as laying on my left side. I think we're going to make it till October.

Friday is my last day of work and then I'm out on maternity leave (sick/vacation) until the baby arrives. I think we are ready. Go bags are packed and car seat bases are strapped into the vehicles. Excited and terrified at the same time. But looking forward to meeting the munchkin. I'll finally be able to share his name once he's here, in-laws have been super antsy to learn it.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems quite likely, only 13 hours from when you posted ;)
You jinxed me!! He arrived at 11:13pm. 7 pounds and healthy.

I was feeling cramping after work, but stronger than the past couple days. Hot shower didn't help much and we decided to go to the hospital. Arrived in the 10 o clock hour, they checked me and immediately put us in a room. Things got busy and they told me to start pushing. He arrived after about 20 minutes of pushing. Not what I was led to expect for a first baby.